comments in datafile

From: Stefano Ghirlanda
Subject: comments in datafile
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 17:11:42 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to have some comment lines in a
datafile, apart from the #-lines stating types and dimensions.
I cannot use a source file since I read the file with gnuplot for fitting
purposes, and I thought that octave would ignore additional #-lines I put
fro comment, but it seems it doesn't work...

        Thanks for help and for octave,

Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
Office: Frescati Campus, Hus D, Rum 554. Office Phone: +46-8-164055
Mail: Svante Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
E-mail: address@hidden, Web: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se