problems building under Solaris 2.6.1

From: Ajay Khanna
Subject: problems building under Solaris 2.6.1
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 21:50:34 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

When I try to build on an Ultra-1 under Solaris 2.6.1, ./configure runs
okay but when I type 'make' I get

#make
make -f octMakefile all
make: Fatal error in reader: ./Makeconf, line 67: Unexpected end of line
seen
Current working directory /usr/local/scratch/octave-2.0.9
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
#

I've tried looking at 'Makeconf' for obvious problems, and even commented
it out but got a similar error later down the 'Makeconf' file.  What to
do?

Thank you

Ajay Khanna
Cardiovascular Biophysics Lab, Washington University in St. Louis