Ack! How to compute double integral?

From: Joe Reinhardt
Subject: Ack! How to compute double integral?
Date: 03 Nov 1997 22:48:50 -0600

I am trying to compute an M-dimensional integral using quad().   The
documentation says quad only does integration over a single variable,
so I tried nesting subroutine calls over each of my variables.

This method doesn't seem to work.

I attached some sample code for 2-D showing that my technique fails.
The outer quad() call only evaluates one value of "y".

1) Is there a way to compute M-dimensional integrals in Octave?

2) I used global variables to pass parameters from integrand to
   integrand.   Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!

Joe Reinhardt                            address@hidden
Department of Biomedical Engineering     1402 Engineering Building
University of Iowa                       Iowa City, IA 52242
Phone: 319-335-5634                      Fax: 319-335-5631