.oct files calling .oct files...

From: Stef Pillaert
Subject: .oct files calling .oct files...
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 15:40:49 +0200

I managed to translate a lot of my octave-scripts to C++-code, and there is
indeed a very significant increase in speed....

But I have this little question...

Suppose I have a function1 (let's assume it needs two arguments, say A and
B: retval=function1(A,B)) I have a .cc version of it, (and the
corresponding oct-file...)

Next, I have a function2 (with tree arguments, say A, C and B).
I want to call function1 from function2, and I do it like this:

DEFUNDLD (function2,args,nargout,
"usage: retval=function(A,C,B) ")
{
 octave_value_list tmp
 tmp(1)=args(2);
 tmp(0)=args(0);
 octave_value_list tmp_ret = Ffunction1 (tmp,1);
}

But doing things this way, I'm making extra copies of A and B, no?
Is there a way of passing A and B to function1 without making those
unwanted copies? If it is of any importance, I just want to read the values
of A and B in function1, I don't need to change them there...

Thanks,
Stef.

BTW, when writing something like:

Matrix Y=args(0).matrix_value()

I suppose here also is made a copy of args(0)? Can I avoid this copy (but I
still want to read the values in args(0) of course...) So can I do
something like :
double a=args(0).elem(5,6);
?