From: Andreas . Weingessel
Subject: Loading of Matlab 5 Files
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:54:15 +1000

The format of the Matlab-binary-files is in Matlab 5 different from
Matlab 4. My current octave version 2.0.9 can not read Matlab 5 binary
files. I also did not find anything about loading Matlab 5 files in
the NEWS of octave 2.1.2.

Are there any plans for the future to allow reading Matlab 5 files
in octave?

Thanks,
        Andreas

*                          Andreas Weingessel                          *
* Institut für Statistik      *                Tel: (+43 1) 58801 4541 *
* Technische Universität Wien *                Fax: (+43 1)  504 14 98 *
* Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10/1071 *     address@hidden *
* A-1040 Wien, Austria        * http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~weingessel *