Re: Compile trouble octave2.09 on Mklinux

From: Toru Mori
Subject: Re: Compile trouble octave2.09 on Mklinux
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:39:35 +0900

Hello,

From: "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 12:30:47 -0500

> I think this happens because z_abs is defined in libf2c and libm (or
> libc?) on your system.  Removing the object from one or the other of
> the libraries will probably solve your problem, though you should
> probably check to make sure that they really are the same (i.e., find
> the source for both libraries and see if both functions are supposed
> to do the same thing).  This problem should probably be reported to
> the Mklinux maintainers.
>
> jwe

Thank you very much for response. I can compile octave after deleting
z_abs.o from libf2c.a using 'ar'command as follows.

        $ ar -d libf2c.a z_abs.o

Tihs problem seems to be fixed on latest shared library version of
Mklinux.

---
_/              Toru Mori                 _/
_/  Isuzu Advanced Engneering Center.Ltd. _/
_/  Sound & Vibration Research Dept.      _/
_/  Tel:81-466-45-2696 Fax:81-466-45-2405 _/
_/    E-mail: address@hidden       _/