C++ wrapper for NPSOL

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: C++ wrapper for NPSOL
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:49:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,
        Because a great deal of my work involves optimization and because my
research is academic rather than commercial I have obtained a copy of NPSOL
from
Stanford which is an optimizer but is not free software.  I can compile the
fortran sources to get npsol.a but I don't have the C++ wrapper I need to make
this a dynamically linked function that I can call from within Octave.

        I believe such code used to be included in older versions of Octave but
was dropped because NPSOL is not free.  This makes sense.  However I have need
of this code.  Does anyone have any such code lying around?  I am not a C++ guy
or I suppose I could write it myself (my guess is that it isn't hard).

Thanks,
Heber Farnsworth