Re: Control System TB Functionality

From: A. Scottedward Hodel
Subject: Re: Control System TB Functionality
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:02:34 -0500

> From address@hidden  Mon Sep 15 12:56:07 1997
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am teaching a cource on robust control and would like
> to use Octave for the examples. The students could
> work on the examples on their computers as well as
> on our workstations without license problems.
>
> Therefore, I need the at least the functionality of Madlab's
> "control system toolbox". Does anyone know if such
> a collection of m-files exist?
>
> I am very new to Octave. I hope this question has not been
> asked many times.
>
> If such software does not exist, my group and me will try
> to contribute it.
>
> Kai
>
> --
>  Kai P. Mueller
>  Control Department (Regelungstechnik) | Phone [+49] (531) 391-3835
>  Technical University Braunschweig     | Fax   [+49] (531) 391-5194
>  D-38092 Braunschweig                  | Email address@hidden

Not quite released officially, the latest version of Octave's controls
toolbox is available at ftp://ftp.eng.auburn.edu/pub/hodel
in files beginning with the prefix OCST (octave control systems toolbox).
It's been fairly well tested, although I'd appreciate any bug reports.

A paper describing the toolbox contents is available in

@inproceedings{hodtenetal96,
   author    = {A. S. Hodel and R. B. Tenison and D. A. Clem and J. E. Ingram},
   title     = {The Octave Control Systems Toolbox: A ${\rm MATLAB^{tm}}$-like
{CACSD} Environment},
   booktitle = {Proceedings of the 1996 {IEEE} International Symposium on
Computer-Aided Control System Design},
   pages     = {386--391},
   year      = {1996},
   month     = {Sept. 15-18},
   publisher = {{IEEE} Control Systems Society},
   address   = {Dearborn, Mich.}
}

I'm continuing development in my "spare" time (i.e., very slowly).