adding vectors and matrices

From: Andreas Heitmann
Subject: adding vectors and matrices
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:30:27 +0200

Hi,

I'm using octave for some time now, but I'm still wondering if there
is a simple way to add a fixed column vector to a number of other
column vectors stored in a matrix. Currently i'm using a loop like the
following:

        v=[1;2;3];
        for i=1:columns(x)
        endfor

Is it possible to compute y without a loop statement?

Regards,
--
Andreas Heitmann                                    Office: +49-561-804-4571
Universit"at Gesamthochschule Kassel                    Home: +49-561-601304