Help Request: configure/aclocal.m4 problem.

From: Mark Becker
Subject: Help Request: configure/aclocal.m4 problem.
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:52:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hello -

aclocal.m4 has a couple of functions that attempt to determine what
flags should be passed to ld(1) by the C and Fortran compilers.  One
flag in the generated list is "-lcrt0.o".

This fails under NextStep 2.1 (the linker complains about multiply
defined symbols then aborts) and causes configure to make the wrong
choice.  This was isolated by editing configure to isolate the test
case and removing the "-lcrt0.o" statement.

Well, at one point I went through every Makefile created by configure
and edited out that "-lcrt0.o" .. but there must be a better way.

I'm not an m4 or GNU autoconf expert.  I know a little sh(1) and some
grep(1).  Could someone take a look at aclocal.m4 and clue me in on
how to automatically prevent that "-lcrt0.o" from being inserted?

Your time is appreciated.

Regards,

Mark