OCTAVE: Is Array3 available as a 3D array datatype in Octave interperter

From: Braddock Gaskill
Subject: OCTAVE: Is Array3 available as a 3D array datatype in Octave interperter?
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 11:31:49 -0400 (EDT)

A 3-dimensional array datatype would be infinitely useful to me in Octave.

I'm interested in either knowing how to use one, or implementing one
myself.  I see there is an Array3 class in liboctave/Array3.cc, but there
is no documentation on how to use it in the octave interpreter (if that's
possible...there is only one reference to the class in a
`grep Array3 src/*.cc`).

Is there any way to implement a 3D array in Octave?  The closest I can
figure out using the obvious datatypes would be to make a data structure
of matricies with some nasty eval's to access the elements.

Thanks a googol!

        -Braddock