Re: Root finding procedure?

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: Re: Root finding procedure?
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 13:12:26 -0400 (EDT)

The thing that comes to mind is fsolve.  Write a m-file which takes x as
an argument and return det(H).  Use fsolve and it will return the value
of x that makes det(H) as close to zero as possible.  Of course there
will be a problem with multiple roots and so the answer you get will
depend on the starting value you give to fsolve.  I don't know of one
that returns all the roots.