Re: Symbolic functions

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: Symbolic functions
Date: Fri, 23 May 97 17:05 MET

   > I agree those terms are incompatible with the GPL.  However, that
   > just means we can't distribute MuPAD with Octave.  We could still
   > *use* Octave with MuPAD, just as we can use Octave with Sunos or
   > HPUX.

That would be great!

   Last time I checked (about a year ago) the authors were still
   considering making MuPAD GPL.  They want MuPAD to be used as much
   as possible by as many people as possible.  They were concerned
   that the GPL might actually hurt Mu-Pad's distribution and
   acceptance.  Perhaps, some of us should write to then again as ask
   them to reconsider the GPL, with a convincing argument.

Certainly someone should write to them.  Like John Eaton or, at his
request, someone from the FSF which knows how to argument such a
request.