optimizers

From: Colin Telmer
Subject: optimizers
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:39:25 -0400 (EDT)

Is there any freely available nonlinear optimizers for octave available
that are already coded to fit into oct (ie. I know there are some free f77
optimizers, but I do not know how to code them into octave)? I am a
student and cannot afford NPSOL. Cheers, Colin.

--
           Colin R. Telmer, Department of Economics, Dunning Hall
           Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L-3N6