Re: Seeking help...

From: John Utz
Subject: Re: Seeking help...
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 15:05:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi;

printing is one of the few parts of octave that are not very matlba like.

currently, if u need to print, then u need to reset the gnuplot terminal
from X11 to postscript

octave:1> gshow terminal
octave:2>
        terminal type is x11
octave:2> gset terminal postscript
octave:3> gshow terminal
        terminal type is postscript landscape noenhanced monochrome dashed
defaultplex "Helvetica" 14
octave:4> replot

you can also set the terminal to other flavors of output, consul the
gnuplot maunal for specifics. The variety of plot types is one of the
advantages of gnuplot.

then you just reset the terminal back to x11.

On Sun, 30 Mar 1997, Jayabharath R. Dondeti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have installed Octave on my Linux box recently and it works nice almost
> similar
> to matlab and works nice. I have a problem printing my plots on to the printer
> or in to a file(post-script). I tried matlab command print -f 'filename' ...
> did not work. I searched on all the on-line documentation...no use.
>
> I will be thankful if you can give me a solution for how to print octve plots.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Jayabharath.
> --

>       Jayabharath Reddy Dondeti   ECE Department,Illinois Inst. of Tech.
>       3301 S. Dearborn St         E-mail: address@hidden
>       Chicago, IL 60616-3793      URL: http://www.ece.iit.edu/~jdondeti/

 John Utz       address@hidden
        idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life