Big/Little Endian - Changing?

From: Kenneth Jacker
Subject: Big/Little Endian - Changing?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 97 10:51:17 EST

I use 'octave' to produce 16-bit binary values on one machine and use
another machine to process those binary values.  The binary format is
both convenient and fast.

Unfortunately, the "endianess" of the two machines is different.

Of course, I have written a small program (using the common swab()
library function) in C to perform what some call the needed "sex change".

Question:  how can I do this solely within (e.g., without needing an
additional program) 'octave'?  If I can find a way, this will save one
step in my work.

Thanks for any ideas!

-Prof Kenneth H Jacker      Internet:   address@hidden
-Computer Science Dept        Bitnet:   address@hidden