Error handle

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Error handle
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:29:28 -0600

On 19-Mar-1997, Stephan Tassart <address@hidden> wrote:

| Is there any other way in octave with the flag --traditional to set a
| value to Inf or to NaN without triggering an error exception which
| stops a program than (for instance):
|
| >> try
| a=Inf;
| catch
| end_try_catch

| a = Inf

This should work without generating an exception.  If it doesn't, I
would guess that you are using Octave on a DEC Alpha running OSF/1 or
Digital Unix.  The problem is that gcc 2.7.x doesn't fully support
IEEE floating point operations on the Alpha.  This is supposed to be
fixed in gcc 2.8.x, but I don't know when that will be released.

jwe