Re: Setting up Octave on linux.

From: Tony Roberts
Subject: Re: Setting up Octave on linux.
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 17:54:32 +1000

In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden wrote:

> Has anyone successfully installed Octave, a free Unix MATLAB like
> package, on a linux system?  I installed the octave 2.0.2-2 RPM on my
> redhat linux system (Redhat version 4.0), but it complained about
> unresolved symbols in my Readline shared library.  I have the latest
> Readline library - do I need to downgrade?

Try asking such a question of the octave mailing list:
address@hidden

In fact I will cross-post this there right now.

                                             Tony

Professor A.J. Roberts
Dept of Mathematics & Computing     E-mail: address@hidden
University of Southern Queensland   Phone:  (076) 312943
Toowoomba, Queensland 4350          Fax:    (076) 312721
AUSTRALIA                           WWW: http://www.sci.usq.edu.au
                                    /pub/MC/staff/robertsa/home.html