Re: Line plot style

From: Dutt, Vinayak, Ph.D.
Subject: Re: Line plot style
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 09:34:59 -0600

Michael wrote:
#
#I need to draw lines with different types, like
#solid "---------"
#or    "- - - - -"
#or    "........."
#or    "._._._._." .
#With matlab, I can do this with plot options eg
#plot(x,"--"), plot(x,"-."), plot("..").
#
#With octave and gnuplot (postscript), is-it possible to have these features
#or may I draw only the same lines?
#

Yes. The plot command supports such features. If your really want finer
control you could always use gplot (and gsplot for 3-D plots) which allows
you to use gnuplot directly. For how to use gplot/gsplot features, check
help on gnuplot.

Vinayak Dutt

Ultrasound/Radiology Research
Mayo Clinic