Segmentation faults and plot failures

From: Craig Earls
Subject: Segmentation faults and plot failures
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 16:11:10 -0500

I have been trying to get Octave working for about a week now, I had a
working binary of 1.1.1 but it wouldn't plot, the tmp file sent to
gnuplot had format problems (looked like a printf format problem) so I
upgraded fromlibc5.2.18 to 5.4.13, then it segmentation faulted. I tried
building from source, but had the same problem, even with no comilation
complaints.

Then I download 1.93, no compilation errors, but it segment faulted
right at the start.

I am using
kernel 2.0.25
libc5.4.13
gcc 2.7.2.1
ld.so.1.8.5
libg++2.7.1.4
g77 0.5.18

Any ideas? i can't even tell you which portionof the code give the
fault.

Craig