MEX-functions, extending octave

From: Andrew Archibald
Subject: MEX-functions, extending octave
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:55:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I've managed to install octave here, as an alternative to MATLAB.
Unfortunately, we have a lot of existing code written for MATLAB. The
M-files should be fine, but we have written a lot of MEX C functions
which perform various functions.

Firstly, is it possible to recompile these so octave can use them ---
either dynamically loaded, or by recompiling octave?

Is there an interface by which similar things can be written?

Thanks,
Andrew Archibald
address@hidden