Multiple plotting windows and subplots

From: Ronald Kumon
Subject: Multiple plotting windows and subplots
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 10:42:25 -0500 (CDT)

I'm a newcomer to Octave and was wondering if there is a way
to have multiple plot windows open from the same Octave session (like the
MATLAB figure command) and to have multiple plots within the same window
(like the MATLAB subplot command).  If not, is there a way to incorporate
other graphics languages into Octave that might be able to support these
features?  If this info is in an FAQ somewhere, please just point me in
right direction.  Thanks.

Ronald Kumon
Department of Physics
University of Texas at Austin