From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Loading Images?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:33:42 -0500

On 27-Sep-1996, Brent Buescher <address@hidden> wrote:

: What would be particularly nice though I don't have immediate need for
: it would be support for HDF (hierarchical data format) files

I took a quick look at the NCSA library earlier this year.  I was
considering switching to using HDF files as the One True data file
format for Octave, and having standalone filters to convert from the
existing formats (the current native text and binary formats, .mat
files, plain text).  I still think this would be a good way to
simplify the load and save functions, but I haven't had time to work
on it since then.

If anyone is serious about working on this, please send me some
email.

Thanks,

jwe