problems compiling with libg++ 2.7.14 (fwd)

From: Eric Lawrence
Subject: problems compiling with libg++ 2.7.14 (fwd)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 00:48:12 -0400 (EDT)

I've been trying to compile under Linux 2.0 with g++ 2.7.2, and libg++
2.7.14, but I've had no success.

During the compile of CColVector.cc, and more specifically the mx-* files, I
get a plethora of error messages concerning the Complex type.  I did a little
research, and I've found that the older Complex.h declared Complex as a
class, while the include files in 2.7.14 declare it as a typedef
complex<double>.  This would make all the class Complex declarations wrong,
and I think this is the source of the problem.

Has anyone else tried to compile octave with the newer g++/libg++?

Eric Lawrence -- address@hidden