Re: libtermcap error

From: John L Daschbach
Subject: Re: libtermcap error
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 17:53:49 -0700

   Hi,

   I have successfully compiled octave-1.1.1 under AIX 4.1.4, and installed
   it on the system.

   When I enter "octave" it seems to start and run ok.
   When I enter "help -i" at the octave prompt I the help info seems to run ok.

   I have a user who entered "help residue" and got the following response:

    octave:1> help residue
            0509-037 System error - error data is: less
            0509-022 Cannot load library libtermcap.a[shr.o].
            0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does
    not exist.

   What do I do to fix it?

It looks like 'less' is dynamically loading libtermcap.a, or trying to
actually.  'help -i' runs info, 'help residue' runs a pager, in this
case 'less' to page output through in your octave session.  Less just
needs to know how to find this dynamically linked library
(libtermcap.a).  Check to see that this is setup correctly.

-John