Octave: Octave and FSQP.

From: Jesus Frias Celayeta
Subject: Octave: Octave and FSQP.
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 15:15:54 +0100 (WET DST)

Dear Octaveusers:
        I am quite a freshman on this program, but a friend of mine came
to me asking about possibilities of nonlinear programming with Octave.
Looking to the manual, that is printed Jan 95, octave solves nonlinear
programs using Gill and Murray's NPSOL, that is not freely distributable
(pg. 97). There is also in the instalation Chapter a "promise" that
Octave may soon support FSQP from Andre Tits, which is free of charge for
academic sites. I would be quite interested in knowing if this has been
already achieved, and if how could I get installed in my Octave program
such a facility. If there is some other easy-to-get octave procedure
to solve nonlinear programming problems, with nonlinear constraints, I
would like to know it.
        In case this is one of the million-dolar-question-of-the-week I
apologize for the newcomer style.

Thanks in advance,
Jesus Frias
PhD. student