Re: benchmark 1.4 and results

From: niles
Subject: Re: benchmark 1.4 and results
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 96 08:57:10 -0500

The SPEC95 numbers are for a SPARC 10/40 if Matthias has access to all
these different SPARC 10 machines perhaps you should use his numbers
in place of mine since I don't know how to tell which SPARC 10 I have!

        But the numbers all seem pretty close though.

If you want to quote a source of info on this fact better than myself,
check:
http://www.specbench.org/spec/specfaq.html#cpu95

Here's a quote:

The results ("SPEC Ratio" for each individual benchmark) are expressed
as the ratio of the wall clock time to execute one single copy of the
benchmark, compared to a fixed "SPEC reference time". For the SPEC95
benchmarks, a Sun SPARCstation 10/40 was chosen as the reference
machine.

        Sorry if this messes you up,
        Rick Niles.