Parameters to executable Octave programs

From: Matthias Roessler
Subject: Parameters to executable Octave programs
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 17:22:27 GMT

Octave-Version: 1.1.1

After reading the FAQ, the manual and the mailing-list archives I
haven't found a solution to this problem:

As described in section "1.3 Executable Octave Programs" I made my
octave programs executable. How do I pass parameters from the command
line to my program? I would like to do something like this:

#!/local/octave/bin/octave -qf

temperature = $1;
pressure    = $2;
epsilon     = $3;

result = Start_my_calculation_with(temperature, pressure, epsilon);

save resultfile result;

My current solution is to write a sh-wrapper. Any other ideas?

Matthias

Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Roessler                            Phone: 49 9131 85 8027
IMMD IV,  Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg               Fax1:  49 9131 85 8732
Martensstrasse 1; D-91058 Erlangen                      Fax2:  49 9131 39 388
                                     address@hidden
                             http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~roessler/
"Es geht auch anders, aber so geht es auch!"
"You can do this differently, but you can also do it like this!" (Lotti Huber)