Re: plotting prob....

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: plotting prob....
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 03:22:14 -0600

Ian Searle <address@hidden> wrote:

: Also, if Octave's gnuplot interface uses temporary files, you may be
: running up against an OS limit on the number of files a process may
: have open at one time.

It is unfortunate that Octave requires temporary files for plotting,
but the limit on the number of open files should not be a problem
because for each line, Octave opens a file, writes the data, and then
closes the file before moving on to the next line.  I believe that
gnuplot does the same.  I am able to plot many more lines than my
limit for open files.

jwe