set_Complex_error_handler__FPFPCc_v?

From: Helmut Stix
Subject: set_Complex_error_handler__FPFPCc_v?
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 15:30:22 +0100

Hi,

I got the following problems:
1) I'm a linux novice (no GURU-->maybe the main problem)
2) I installed a binary distribution of Octave-1.1.1 from a
   Slackware CD-ROM.
3) During installation I got the following message: (somewhat like that)
   Can't find version number and Can't find host_type. I overcame
   this by directly editing the configure.eh file. Then, installation
   was ok.
4) I tried to start octave and got the following message:
   "octave: can't resolve symbol 'set_Complex_error_handler__FPFPCc_v'"

Q.: What`s wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Helmut Stix

P.S.: Please reply to address@hidden