Re: Problem getting info

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: Problem getting info
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 95 20:11:40 CST

# Hello:
#
# I installed Octave using binary installation on my Sparc 10 with SunOS 4.1.4,
in a local directory - not a default one /usr/local. To do that, I changed
'prefix' variable in doinstall.sh file.
#
# I am able to run octave fine, but it can not access any help or info files.
Also, it does not plot, even though I do have gnuplot on my machine. Could you
please help?
#

Run Octave through a script which first sets the environment variable
OCTAVE_HOME.

Set the env variable OCTAVE_HOME to the root directory of the Octave
installation.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * ex-graduate student, ultrasound research
 * mayo graduate school, rochester mn
 *
 * e-mail: address@hidden
 *         address@hidden