fsolve and fsolve_options

From: Heber Farnsworth
Subject: fsolve and fsolve_options
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 1995 11:17:35 -0800 (PST)

I have two questions that don't seem well documented.  First, what sort of
algorithm is fsolve using?  I read that it comes from hybrid in MINPACK but I'm
not familiar with that.  I'm finding that it's giving me different answers than
one that I wrote (mine is better it seems) and I want to know why?

Second what are the options that can be adjusted with fsolve_options?  I know
that tolerance can be changes but I can't tell what others may or may not be.

  Heber Farnsworth                               | Department of Finance
  Univerity of Washington                        | Box 353200
  tele:  (206) 528-0793 home                     | Seattle, WA 98195-3200
  tele:  (206) 543-4773 finance     web: http://weber.u.washington.edu/~heberf
  fax:   (206) 685-9392             email: address@hidden