Re: Variable name in legend of Plot.

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: Variable name in legend of Plot.
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 95 10:15:56 CDT

#
# I would like to get the variable name in legend of a plot.
#
# Although I noticed looking through the ".m" files that:
#
# #   The legend may be fixed to include the name of the variable
# #   plotted in some future version of Octave.
#
# I thought I would ask anyway.
#
# I would like to be able to change "line 1" to my variable name.  Has
# anyone done this?  If so, can you please share with me what I need to
# do to accomplish this?  Thanks.
#

Use gnuplot directly. do not use the plot() and other wrappers. I myself do not
use the wrappers

octave> data = [x, y]; % x and y are colum vectors with x and y axis values of
the plot

octave> gplot data title 'Result of a great experiment'

or if there you wish to plot multiple plots on same plotting area:

octave> data1 = [x1,y1];
octave> data2 = [x2,y2];

octave> gplot data1 title 'Plot 1', data title 'Plot2'

Check gnuplot help for details.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * ex-graduate student, ultrasound research
 * mayo graduate school, rochester mn
 *
 * e-mail: address@hidden
 *         address@hidden