Bessel functions

From: Eyal Doron
Subject: Bessel functions
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 16:32:04 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
   I've just completed a Bessel function routine for real orders and
complex arguments. I'll post it if anybody is interested. However,
in the same context I wanted to ask:

1) John, any chance of incorporating Bessel functions as builtin functions
   in Octave? I think the source for the bessel function MEX files
   of MATLAB (available on their server) is freely distributable,
   because they did not write it - its just a wrapper around a
   public domain set of FORTRAN routines.

2) Anybody got a routine for Hankel functions in the complex plane?

3) In general, I think the special function part of Octave is a bit weak.
   Maybe people can chip in with their routines, and John can integrate
   it into the next release?

Thanks,
    Eyal Doron