Re: want to do this...

From: niles
Subject: Re: want to do this...
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 95 16:38:27 -0400

>I want to calculate k*exp(-x^2 / 2*sigma) for two values each of of k,
>x, and sigma, giving me a total of 8 functions.

You really must be more explicit.  If you evaluate the above
expression of three variables using all combination of two values for
each variable, you will obtain 8 values or 8 two variable functions.
Which do you mean?

>Then I want to subtract each of these functions from each other and
>graph the result.

Again, what do you mean?  If you subtract every combination of the 8
above you'll obtain 1+2+3+4+5+6 = 28 combinations.  Is this what you
want?

What don't you understand?

I'll try to help more if you can answer some of these questions...

        Rick Niles
        (1992 USC graduate, Aerospace Eng.)