FAQ available + 2 questions

From: Rene van der Heiden
Subject: FAQ available + 2 questions
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 95 11:11:34 MET

Hello,

I am a new user of octave (version 1.1.1.) and I would like to know if
there is also a FAQ available of OCTAVE. If yes, could someone send it
to me?

If no, I have the following (probably typical new-user questions):

----------
1. How can I adapt the search path within octave? What is and how can I
find the default path of Octave?
2. The image processing functions seem not to work ok. E.g. if I do

   x=rand(50,50);
   image(x)

octave returns:

   warning: save: no such variable `image.6109.img'
   octtopnm: unable to open input file

Also, xv comes up with the window:

   File 'image.7496.ppm' contains no data. (Zero length file).

Finally, a file

   -asciii

appeared in the working directory.
(I use version 1.1.1.)