Re: Is fprintf slow?

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: Is fprintf slow?
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 95 09:15:56 CST

#Is fprintf in Octave intrinsically slow? I use it to create datafiles
#as an interface to Plotmtv, and it seems to run very slow. For instance,
#a datafile of 190214 bytes took 433 seconds to write to disk
#(439 bytes/second). This strikes me as unexpectedly slow. (CPU is
#a 386-DX/25MHz).
#

I also have seen the same. I think the C style standard I/O library is pretty
slow.
I have some .m files to read text files (which are not in octave format) using
fscanf()
and I get real slow reading as compared to load() function.

--vinayak-
/*
 * vinayak dutt
 * graduate student, ultrasound research