Re: READLINE oddity

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: READLINE oddity
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 95 09:07:46 CST

Eyal Doron <address@hidden> wrote:

:    Just thought I'd mention an oddity with READLINE command-line editing.
: It appears to treat the quote symbol as always delimiting strings. So,
: when editing e.g. the line
:
: plot([D'.*a(1:10), B])
:
: the last two braces are not automatically matched. This is strange because
: in the EMACS version I am using to write this mail the braces DO match. Is
: the READLINE up-to-date?

No, the readline library distributed with Octave is not quite current.
I plan to upgrade to newer versions of the readline and kpathsearch
libraries for 1.2.  However, I don't know whether the problem you
mention is fixed in newer readlines.

jwe