Re: Missing functions

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Re: Missing functions
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 95 07:43:19 CST

#>    I was surprised that Octave 1.1.0 doesn't recognize the following
#> MATLAB basic functions: length, rem, fliplr, flipud. Of course, they
#> are pretty trivial to add. However, I was wondering if that is a real
#> omission, or something is wrong with my installation.
#
#fliplr and flipud are definitely implemented (as M-files). However I do
#recall facing the same problem initially because `make install' didn't
#install the M-files properly. It depends I think on whether your unix
#`find' command prints search successes without the `-print' option, eg.
#Linux does but the Suns here don't. So perhaps all you need is to do is
#search for `find's in the Makefile and insert relevant `-print's. I wish
#I can give you more details but I've deleted my compilation directory tree.
#

infact all the functions that Eyal Doron mentions are there in octave 1.1.0.

also, the problem you mention about find is applicable to binary installation
for suns.
i remember when i first installed the binary octave for sun here, i had to add
-print
option to find.

but this problem does not exist for the source code makefiles. if you install
from scratch,
that is compile the octave binaries yourself, then this problem is not there as
installation
does not involve use of find.

--vinayak-
/*