Re: Newbie would like to play audio files created in octave

From: Tony Roberts
Subject: Re: Newbie would like to play audio files created in octave
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 94 10:32:36 +0100

>Can anyone help an octave newbie with this?  I would like to be able to
>play (through /dev/audio or other machine-dependent device) files
>of signals I create, import or modify in the octave environment.
>In other words I would like to be able to do something like:
>
>octave:6> play(x);

I guess one possibility is to use the shell_cmd function to execute the sun
audiotool.  You woud presumably have to write the sound out to a scratch
file before audiotool could play it.  I do a similar thing for plotting via
xgraph (because I do not have access to gnuplot here).

                                     Tony      :-{)}
Professor A.J. Roberts
Currently visiting:  Institut de Mecanique Statistic de la Turbulence
               and:  Institut Non Lineaire de Nice
Dept of Mathematics & Computing      E-mail: address@hidden
University of Southern Queensland    Phone:  (076) 312943
Toowoomba, Queensland 4350           Fax:    (076) 312721
AUSTRALIA                            WWW:    ftp://ftp.usq.edu.au/pub/aroberts