Any other tmp dir besides /usr/tmp ?

From: Vinayak Dutt
Subject: Any other tmp dir besides /usr/tmp ?
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 14:57:54 CDT

Hi Octave Users:

         Is there anyway to specify different TMP directory besides
/usr/tmp which is used for gnuplot? I have problems of insufficient
disk space on the system tmp directory when I have large plot files.

     Is is possible to use some environment variables like TMPDIR or
some octave variable to specify the tmp directory to be used, or do
I have to wait for next release of octave (which promises to do away with
tmp files for data passing to gnuplot)?

 Thanks

--Vinayak--
/*