Re: sinc & compiled octave

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: sinc & compiled octave
Date: Wed, 11 May 94 15:33:47 EDT

John Utz <address@hidden> wrote:

:       What is the latest version Octave 0.* that compiles using gcc
: 2.4.5 OR the libg++ version earlier then 2.5.3?

Probably 0.79, because I made the changes to use template-based array
classes shortly after that (back in November of last year).

:       As I have spent much bandwith on back and forth with JWE on, I
: can't get libg++-2.5.3 to compile on FreeBSD due to grave unhappiness
: occuring in streambuf,h

I hope that g++ 2.6.x will fix these problems, give us a working port
to the Alpha...

:       ALSO, what am i missing out on running 0.73 as opposed to 1.0 ?

The NEWS file that's distributed with 1.0 (or, if you just want the
NEWS file, it's in /pub/octave/NEWS on ftp.che.utexas.edu) should list
most of the user-visible changes.  Making a list of exactly which bugs
have been fixed might be a bit harder.

jwe