Re: Can't get octave to find gnuplot

From: Martin Maechler
Subject: Re: Can't get octave to find gnuplot
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 1994 08:50:05 +0200

> From: address@hidden (John Travis)
> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 15:36:25 GMT
>
> I have been working on getting octave and gnuplot to do right on our
> HP9000 machine and having some problems getting octave to locate gnuplot.
> I have both installed under my personal account and so the default directory
> structure won't work.  When I try to plot something, I get a message about
> a broken pipe.
>
> .... [deleted]

The exactly same problem for me, working on a quite standard
        SunOS4.1.3 + SPARC + GNU gcc
environment.
I have asked on this list several times and gotten a few hints,
but none of them helped any.

PLEASE let me know if you find a solution !

> Thanks for your help.

So do I thank anyone;
I am patiently hoping for
        - THE solution
or      - some more hints on debugging

Martin Maechler <address@hidden>                                <><
Seminar fuer Statistik, SOL F5 \\ ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)
8092 Zurich  SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408
fax  : x-41-1-252-3410