RE: finite() and logb() declarations

From: Steve Jones
Subject: RE: finite() and logb() declarations
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 94 10:29:31 EST

> Oh now I see.  log1p.c should NOT BE COMPILED!  If you have hpux9.01
> then you already have all these functions.  If octave is trying to
> autodetect them it may fail.  This is a common problem on hpux, these
> new math functions are not in the usual math library.
>
> They are in /lib/pa1.1/libm.
>
> I strongly recommend that you put
>
> LPATH="/usr/local/lib:/lib/pa1.1:/usr/lib/pa1.1:/lib:/usr/lib"
>
> in your environment.  Always!
>
> The problem is that hp's cc (and also gcc) know about this, but
> /bin/ld doesn't!

That, indeed, was the problem.  To avoid trouble it was necessary to
exclude:

        copysign.o
        log1p.o
        finite.o
        logb.o
        scalb.o

from LIBOBJS in the src directory.

Thanks very much...

/*
 *
 *      Steve Jones
 *      Tools and Procedures Group - QA Dept.
 *      address@hidden
 *      Swanson Analysis Systems, Inc.
 *      Phone: (412) 746-330
 *      FAX: (412) 746-9494