Nice job!

From: Neal Becker
Subject: Nice job!
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 94 14:36 EST

I just built and installed 1.0 on hpux hppa with gcc-2.5.8.  Nice job!
No problems!

Just one minor point though.  Since on hppa (and on linux) -g forces
static linking I recommend that the default CFLAGS and LDFLAGS do not
use -g.  Otherwise the binary is MUCH larger.  And I seriously doubt
very many people using octave would want to debug it.  If they did
they already know all about this anyway.