Re: How can I execute an external command from octave?

From: John Eaton
Subject: Re: How can I execute an external command from octave?
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 14:35:08 EDT

: I misunderstood I could use "!" as shell escape.

In Octave, `!' is used as another operator for logical negation.

: Is there anyway in which external commands can be executed from
: octave?

You can use the function `shell_cmd'.  The first argument is a string
containing the command to execute.  If you specify a second argument,
shell_cmd will return the output of the command in a string.

--
John W. Eaton      | The exam demonstrates a comminuted, slightly overlapping
address@hidden | angulated fracture of the midfifth metatarsal.