instructions on using octave?

From: Corey Sweeney
Subject: instructions on using octave?
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 93 10:42:35 CST

hello.  I got some octave binaries a few months ago.  Unfortuanately they came
with no documentation on how to use the program.  but i found a note saying
that the sources were  on a ftp site.  so i got the source and tried to pull
out the documentation files.  I didn't see any user help.

Is there some kind of Octave tutorial?  Is there any octave documentation on
how to use Octave?  If so am i overlooking it in the source files or could
somebody send me a copy?

and if for some reason there is no documentation could someone tell me how to
define a function and integrate it?

thanks,

        Corey

Corey Sweeney