help-nano

Re: Control-t before Control-z

From: Brian Vargo
Subject: Re: Control-t before Control-z
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 12:54:41 -0400

ubuntu 22.04 $ nano -V
 GNU nano, version 6.2
 (C) 1999-2011, 2013-2022 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 (C) 2014-2022 the contributors to nano
 Compiled options: --disable-libmagic --enable-utf8
ubuntu 22.04 $ [^D]
logout
Connection to 192.168.1.162 closed.
ubuntu 20.04 $ nano -V
 GNU nano, version 4.8
 (C) 1999-2011, 2013-2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
 (C) 2014-2020 the contributors to nano
 Email: nano@nano-editor.org Web: https://nano-editor.org/
 Compiled options: --disable-libmagic --enable-utf8

So yeah, there was a pretty large change in versions between the two LTS releases.  I'll have to look into how to bind ^Z directly to suspend.  I've been using nano/pico since I started using Pine back in the early 90s, presumably sometime after it went public in 1992...or about 2 decades now.  I don't really feel like relearning that or really the extra two keystrokes.

Thanks for the help.