using contemporary (q)make with Grid Engine OGS/GE 2011.11p1. -- approac

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: using contemporary (q)make with Grid Engine OGS/GE 2011.11p1. -- approaches sought
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 20:21:57 +0000

Hello, Grid Engine and GNU Make aficionados,

I am experienced with qmake - distributed parallel make, scheduling by Sun Grid
Engine<http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/htmlman/htmlman1/qmake.html> that
comes with Grid Engine: OGS/GE 2011.11p1 and "is based on GNU make, version
3.82".

I am hoping to find a version of qmake based on a more contemporary GNU make,
such as 4.2.1, and/or alternative approaches to using make 4.2.1 with
scheduling performed by SGE that will interoperate with my installation of
OGS/GE 2011.11p1.

I welcome advice on compiling it myself, open-source and/or commercial
possibilities, and using alternate approaches to integrating GNU make 4.2.1
with OGS/GE 2011.11p1.

Thanks,

Malcolm Cook - Database Application Manager
Stowers Institute for Medical Research
1000 E 50th Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64110