Re: Recursive implicit rule chain sometimes works

From: Reinier Post
Subject: Re: Recursive implicit rule chain sometimes works
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:34:11 +0100

Op wo 19 nov 2014 14:55:27 GMT schreef address@hidden (Luke Goodsell):
> OK, thanks.
>
> I'm preparing something to share with other users on the system, so
> I'll see if I can persuade the admin to update.

The problem is that Debian and distributions that depend on it
have refused to upgrade its make package from 3.81 to 3,82 due to
some obscure problem with compiling tiny fragments of the Linux kernel;
see this mailing list's archive for details.  Until this changes
(which may be soon), your admin will need to compile and install
make from source code.  As you can see, this isn't hard,
and it probably won't break anything, either, unless you
have lots of complicated homegrown Makefiles.

--
Reinier Post (not speaking for the make project, just a user)